Wednesday 6 March 2013

Cool Embarrassing Celebrity Photos images

Danny Strong
embarrassing celebrity photos
Image by Mirka23
Jonathan on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

Weirdly enough, both Danny and Wil Wheaton told me that they had a t-shirt just like the one I was wearing that day. Danny asked me if I got it from Urban Outfitters, and I had, and he joked that it was a good thing he hadn't worn it that day because that would be embarrassing. Later I saw an article in SFX where he was wearing it for a photo shoot with Tom Lenk and Adam Busch, so he wasn't making it up!



mejeffprom400
embarrassing celebrity photos
Image by lobstar28
Yep.

Me and Jeff about to head out to Bishop Noll's 1990 prom. Note my fantastic huge rhinestone bullseye earrings, which cost about at Ganto's in River Oaks. I begged my mother for them until she gave in. I figured that if I had to wear another cheapo horrifying formal from the sale collection she was building, I might as well be able to splurge on something. The prom totally sucked anyhow.

Also of note is that Jeff was supposed to do his hair really big as well (as seen in this pic), but he totally wussed out.

**ADDED 05/09/09**

I found out from a friend that AIM Zones snagged this picture to use in a "Prom Dress Disaters" photo gallery. The (lame) caption underneath my photo read: "He looks terrified because he's worried that's a wedding dress."

Uh. Yeah. Jeff always smiled like that when terrified. WTF?

Sent to AIM (http://aimzones.aol.com):

A photo of me was used in your Prom Dress Disasters (No. 8) photo gallery. I'm pretty stunned that AOL would, with or without attribution, use someone's photos on a such site for the purposes of mockery. Please keep in mind that these are photos of real people, not celebrities or other public figures, and it could prove humiliating to them as I'm certain people they know could stumble on them, which is what happened to me. Fortunately, I'm not embarrassed by the fact that all prom dresses were terrible in the '80s. At least I had a date. Oh, and if you really want to mock private people on such a public site, you could at least make the captions remotely funny.


2007comic-con_kbphotoopp.jpg
embarrassing celebrity photos
Image by YGX
My slightly embarrassing photo opp with Kristen Bell. She was the main celebrity I was hoping to see at the show and when one of the booths was offering purchasable photo opps I said "Why the hell not?" I didn't really spend money on anything else at the show, so it was my sole splurge item. I think I actually got more out of just meeting her, but this is a good memento of it (even though the photographer kind of botched the focus).


Photo #40: Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
embarrassing celebrity photos
Image by elycefeliz
This picture is #40 in my 100 Strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in the 100 Strangers group www.flickr.com/groups/100strangers/pool/ or at www.100Strangers.com .

Wednesday morning, I heard on the local TV news that Kal Penn was going to be at a Register For Change rally in Cincinnati in the evening. I recently watched the movie “The Namesake” which he starred in, so I thought: wouldn’t it be fun – and a challenge for my 100 Strangers project – if I went to the rally and asked him for a photograph. He would be my first “celebrity” stranger!

While Howard Dean was speaking, I noticed that there was a photography set-up over to the side of the parking lot. I also saw Jerry Springer standing near it. Since I had come to this rally to try something new in my 100 Strangers project by getting a “celebrity” photo, I wondered if I could get Jerry Springer’s photo, too. When I first heard of this project, I didn't think I could ask a stranger for their photo - could I now ask Jerry Springer? And did I want to?

I walked over to talk to Rachel, and after I took her photo, I noticed that Jerry Springer was leaving! He was walking out of the parking lot with two other men. I had to make a decision, quickly, so I started running after them. So now I know what it’s like to be a paparazzo - one of the crazy stalkarazzi – it isn’t pretty!!! I was yelling “Excuse me! Mr. Springer!” as I ran. All three men stopped to turn around and look . . . I told him I was doing a photography project called 100 Strangers, and asked if I could take his picture. He was very courteous about it. I took two pictures and thanked him – I didn’t try to talk with him, as I was too embarrassed about my behavior, and I didn’t want to bother him any further. When you chase someone down the road, you lose the confidence that you can offer conversation that will be respectful and beneficial to them . . . : 0

So Jerry Springer is my first “celebrity” stranger photo. Now that I’ve done it, I don’t think I want to go after any more celebrities for this project. However, I DID STILL WANT to get Kal Penn’s photo. After Howard Dean finished speaking, they came down from the podium and people SWARMED around Kal Penn to take his picture. It was so crowded that I thought I’d go talk to Rachel and come back when the crowd has thinned out. I spoke to her for maybe five minutes, and when I looked up, Kal Penn was GONE! The boys were on the bus! And the bus drove off a short time later.

I was disappointed that I hadn’t gotten Kal Penn’s photo, since that was the specific purpose I had come to the rally for. And although this project is about "stepping out of your comfort zone", I think in this case I went WAY OUT of my comfort zone - into the OZONE! But it was an interesting learning experience, and one can never have too many of those! (:- }

Jerry, thanks for letting me take your photo!

See more "strangers" in my 100 Strangers Set

No comments:

Post a Comment