Sunday 21 April 2013

Taylor? Is that you? How you doin' girl??

Taylor? Is that you? How you doin' girl??
celebrity photo hunt
Image by bochalla
Oh, I hope Taylor won't kill me for posting this photo here. At least I blurred out her phone number, right?

Anyway, here's the story: I'm a writer and get to interview lots of interesting and not-so-interesting people as part of my job. Usually I call the person or they call me. If the person's famous, though, it usually starts with a call from a PR person, who then has to hunt down the celebrity for 10 minutes before getting him/her on the phone.

So, when the phone rang and the name "Taylor Dayne" popped up (we have caller ID), I nearly crapped myself. I answered with a nervous, "Hello?" Taylor's response: "Bryan! It's Taylor Dayne!"

Of course I nearly fainted. I kept it cool, though, and explained that I'm used to some PR person calling first and then connecting me to the person I'm interviewing. Taylor's response: "Well, I'm at home and she's not here. So that ain't happenin'!" (followed by a very hearty laugh).

What a great, down-to-earth lady!



6th January 2011
celebrity photo hunt
Image by Vanessa (EY)
I work in the Finance department of a University. As most people know, I live in Sheffield so it kind of narrows it down to which one I work at. It's not the posh one!

I work in a communication and training role and two massive pieces of work have been and will continue to take up my time for the next few months. On the comms side I am working on redesigning our Intranet which is a huuuge job and on the training side I have the humongous task of training all University budget holders about their finance responsibilities which can be.....challenging......

Anyhoo, this photo represents 'job' for the January scavenger hunt (and encouraged me to tidy my desk!)



That Quiz Thing!
celebrity photo hunt
Image by glue&glitter
1.What is your first name?
2.What is your favorite food?
3.What high school did you go to?
4.What is your favorite color?
5.Who is your celebrity crush?
6.Favorite drink?
7.Dream vacation?
8.Favorite dessert?
9.What you want to be when you grow up?
10.What do you love most in life?
11.One Word to describe you.
12.Your flickr name.

1. becky+dave got married 088, 2. avocado and tomato sandwich, 3. He died for your clip art, 4. green tea, lavender, and honey cupcake bombe, 5. Ford Cortina, DCI Gene Hunt and Sam Tyler, 6. Nate: "Honey, how do you get red wine out of carpet?", 7. a lesson in crime, 8. pie filling, 9. Crafty Chica glitter glue sticks., 10. dave pretending that he likes his drink, 11. Mushroom Girl (detail), 12. becky's dress

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment