Sunday 23 December 2012

celebration

celebration
celebration photos
Image by libookperson
Great prompt from In the Sun. I loved the video/song and was struck most by "I want a big celebration the night we get back into town and I hope you're all there." It's so close to what I am hoping for this summer. I messed up with the black paint but I like most everything else about this page.


Celebration Dinner 2
celebration photos
Image by fboosman
Celebration dinner, Fins restaurant, Raleigh, NC. David Smith, Richard Boyd, Charles Shook, Andy Kell, Jerry Robinson, me, Greg Rivera.


Timor-Leste Celebrates Proclamation of Independence
celebration photos
Image by United Nations Photo
Traditionally dressed Timorese during celebrations for the 35th anniversary of their country’s Proclamation of Independence (signed in 1975, marking the end to Portuguese rule), in Dili, Timor-Leste.
Photo ID 457095. 28/11/2010. Dili, Timor-Leste. UN Photo/Martine Perret. www.unmultimedia.org/photo/


Celebration Sculpture - Beloit
celebration photos
Image by OldOnliner
So far, this is my favorite photo of the celebration sculpture in Riverside Park in Beloit.


Important Crowd
celebration photos
Image by Gamma-Ray Productions
Celebration of Walter Baker's 30th year.

I do know the names of some people; the man holding the camera high is Jeff Morris of the Barrhaven Independent (which I worked for in co-op in grade 12) the woman with the black vest is from Minto who sponsored the event, councilor Rick Charelli is at the back, and Jan Harder (councilor of Barrhaven) is in the middle. The rest is composed of dignitaries and folk like municipal department heads, the city librarian, the Baker family, and former councilors/department heads.
They were taking a group photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment